We have received the following message from Preston’s College –
I just wanted to drop you an email to inform you all of the processes we are putting in place as a College over the next few weeks. As a College we realise students need to liaise with schools to ensure your requirements are the first step, but there are some points below that may help to guide and support them over the next few months.
– From Monday we will be offering a drop in service where parents, guardians and students can ring up between 3-5pm with any concerns about College courses, careers or just general questions about College life. We are here to help and want students to feel they have the best possible service even in these unprecedented times. The number is 01772 225774 and this will be emailed and text to all applicants.
– We have on hand Level 6 Careers Guidance advisors who will also be available for any applicant unsure of their next steps. An appointment can be booked by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
– We are working hard with our Curriculum tutors to put things in place for prospective students where they can access work and materials to prepare for College life. These will be uploaded to our College Canvas platform and all students again will be emailed with how to access this.
– Our Visual Performing Arts team are planning one hour live sessions after Easter on social media platforms to engage with learners that have applied for College but also for anyone wanting to take part and will be running sessions on Dance, Acting and Musical Theatre.
– Our Careers Coach website is now fully operational for Years 9, 10 and 11 students to access information on Courses, Careers and CV building. To access Career Coach please visit https://preston.emsicc.com/.
– All Year 11 College applicants yet to be interviewed will be contacted via phone for their interview. We are conducting these daily and working through these to still offer an exceptional service. At the request of parents these can also be done via skype or Microsoft teams.
From Preston’s College