My child has difficulties with Communication and Interaction.
This can include:
- Understanding language.
- Using language.
- Understanding how to communicate socially with other people.
- Conditions include: Specific Language Disorder, ASD/ASC (Autism), Asperger Syndrome.
- Stammering – advice given to families about how to access support from outside agencies.
All students at St Cecilia’s can access:
- Quality First teaching with appropriate differentiation (including best SEND practice).
- Visual aids to support key vocabulary, concepts and themes.
- Access to homework club at lunch and after school.
- Access to screening for identification of significant needs.
- Assessment and identification of language need and feedback to parents and staff.
- Small group sessions in the Assisted Support for Learning Base with specialist teacher/Teaching Assistant.
- In-class Teaching Assistant support in some lessons.
- Year 7 Transition Group.
As for all St Cecilia’s students plus…..
- 1:1 session with a speech and language therapist.
- 1:1 sessions with other specialist staff in the school, linked to other needs on ECHP (e.g. Nurture Group).
- Individual teaching assistant support in some mainstream lessons.
- On-going monitoring and regular feedback to parents and students (at least termly and including the Annual Review).
- Exam access arrangements.
- Post 16 transition support.