My child has sensory and/or physical needs.
This section covers students who have difficulties with:
- Gross motor co-ordination
- Fine motor co-ordination
- Self-organisation for daily living
- It includes conditions such as cerebral palsy, physical injury, dyspraxia
All students at St Cecilia’s can access:
- Quality First teaching with appropriate differentiation (including best SEN practice)
- Visual aids to support key vocabulary, concepts and themes.
- School adheres to guidelines on physical access.
- Access to homework club at lunch and after school.
- Access to screening for identification of significant needs.
- Dedicated and caring staff who value all students regardless of ability.
- Medical Care Plans.
- Handwriting /fine motor/keyboard skills training.
- Group discussions and information giving from our qualified school nurse.
- Access to teaching assistant support
- Personalised support plans.
- 1:1 Outside Agency support from Advisory Teachers.
- Individual handwriting /fine motor/keyboard skills training.
- Specialist equipment and materials, such as low vision aids and enlarged adapted resources.
- Access to assistive technology & software.
- Targeted TA support for complex medical needs, including practical support.
- Exam Access Arrangements