- Year 9 Retreat, 18th October 2016 UN Summit on the Refugee Crisis
- Watch Sam Brayshaw’s stunning GCSE exam piece: an A* video
- Year 9 Retreat
Welcome from the Headteacher
Dear Parent/Guardian/Friend of St Cecilia’s
Thank you for showing an interest in our school. St Cecilia’s RC High School is a small and friendly learning community on the eastern fringe of the Ribble Valley . We have a truly comprehensive intake and serve families from around the town of Longridge, ranging from rural farming communities to inner city Preston.
While the majority of our pupils are of the Catholic faith, we very much welcome children other than Catholics who wish to be part of a faith school. Our aim is to provide a high quality education based upon the example of Jesus Christ. As such, a focus upon respect for each other, maximisation of our God-given talents, nurturing of a hunger for learning and justice, and the value of ‘community’, empower us all to believe that we each have an important role to play in making our world an even better place for each other.
As headteacher of St Cecilia’s I take great pride in my position and the people I work with. Governors, staff, parents and pupils are all committed to ensuring that our school is a safe, happy and ambitious place to be. You will find more information about St Cecilia’s on the website. If you would like to have a closer look please contact the school office to arrange a visit.
Mr Ivan Catlow
St. Cecilia’s Mission is:
To provide an excellent education for all children from the local Catholic communities Where:
• Children can discover, develop and celebrate all their God-given gifts and talents to the full
• Respect is the foundation of all relationships
• Everyone is treated fairly, equally and justly
• Everyone is shown forgiveness by God and each other, with the chance to start again when they go wrong